06 September 2010

Powerpoint Prayer Presentations

Joan of Arc by Dante Gabriel


Tomorrow is my girls' first Keepers meeting (their scouts) and you may recall that I am the "spiritual leader" for the older girls. For September's scripture, I decided on Joshua 1:9.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

It's pretty short, so I'm going to bring index cards and have them write it out twice. Once to keep in the car or their purse and one for home as a bookmark. I'm going to tell them about how courage is important in so many aspects of their lives: witnessing to others, making new friends, befriending new/unpopular kids, dealing with pushy people who try to change your values or convictions, or for when you have to stick to your beliefs when it is hard.

This next part is sort of blog cheating because I didn't come up with this post. But it was so good, and so fun to read (I like humor) that I had to share an amazing post with a lesson for all us bloggers who think we need to catch God up on the background details before we actually get down to what we'd like to pray about. "Lamb"



I'm honored that you would read New Mercy and
I would love to hear from you through comments! Teresa (Tracy) Dear

0 comments: