12 August 2010

Wonderful Praises

Well, hello... thanks for coming back! I have gotten some comments recently- even a note on Facebook! from readers that actually wanted to interact with me. Wow. It's so exciting to hear from some of you. It really encourages me to come back and write again.

Here's the latest news: James, who lost his job last November, found out about something called the post 9/11 GI Bill. In addition to paying for your school costs, it also pays a stipend to cover bills so you can focus on studying. Ours is enough to cover the rent and the car payment! So half of our problems solved.

Hopefully, the other half of our problems will get fixed as the weather here in Texas (heat index of 110* lately!) cools off and more people have weddings that need catered, so the catering companies will call him to work more often.

I know you will rejoice with me when you hear THIS news: James went with me to a foster care certification class this month!!! He is getting his TB test (ok, it's for his college course, but we need it for foster too!) and talking much more readily about it with me.

I actually went and talked to the girl who teaches the class to ask her if I am crazy. I feel a maternal, crazy strong pull to a sibling group in Dallas. It's a brother and sister, I've never met them, but I think about them all the time. I even looked up how to get an extra seat for my van so I can fit everybody. She said many times, those are the kids you are supposed to have, and many times they are just the tool that finally gets you to come in and start the certification process. I don't know, I just know that they updated their picture online and they are so big now, I feel like I'm missing important parts of their life.

When my firstborn smiled up at me one day and I saw a little white line of her first tooth, involuntary tears sprang to my eyes as I realized how fast the time was passing. The same thing happened when I saw the new picture of these two online. *Sniff*



I'm honored that you would read New Mercy and
I would love to hear from you through comments!Teresa (Tracy) Dear

1 comments:

Tracy Dyer said...

Hello... I am going to enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing in an open, honest and caring way.

Blessings to you,
Tracy
Porcelain Heart Ministry