08 March 2010

Unrequited Love

Although I am usually loathe to refer anyone to Wikipedia, it had a few good poems about unrequited love, and this nice quote:


"Unrequited love has long been depicted as noble, an unselfish and stoic willingness to accept suffering, though contemporary western culture may give greater weight to practical, goal-oriented and self-assertive behavior."

I feel lately like I have an unrequited love. It really doesn't fill the definition, but I am "unfulfilled" all the same. I am in love with four kids, two siblings groups, from the Texas foster system. This is not the time of life to get 4 more kids; but if we wait for the perfect time, we'd never get anything done.

"She looks away from the troubles and miseries and obstacles of life that seem to make the future bleak, and she focuses her attention on the sovereign power and love of God who rules in heaven and does on earth whatever He pleases." John Piper

I'm honored that you would read New Mercy and
I would love to hear from you through comments!
Teresa (Tracy) Dear


0 comments: