19 February 2010

New Phase


I have to tell you, James and I are doing really well right now. Although there are the stressors of lack of income, and his method of job searching, I know we are on the same side of the fence. It makes me glad. He threw the most excellent party for me for my birthday last week. I invited everyone; he was in charge of the food. Oh it was great! Here's the menu:


Mingling Food:
  • tortilla chips
  • guacamole
  • mango-jalapeno salsa
  • hummus
  • cream cheese-pesto ball
  • fancy flatbread-cracker thingys with sesame seeds
Main Dish:
  • Tom Kha (Thai soup- chicken, lemongrass, cilantro, mushrooms in coconut milk broth
  • Thai appetizers (frozen from store); black rice rolls, 2 kinds of seafood rolls
Dessert:
  • Chocolate cake with chocolate icing
  • Italian rainbow cookies
  • Pepperidge Farm cookies
  • shortbread
Snacky-talking Food:
  • m&m's
  • Thai-seasoned cashews
  • citrus blend jelly beans
Wow! So James is out tonight, and this is what I assembled to feed myself: Sliced pickle, slices of queso blanco, Thai cashews, hummus and wheat things, apple and peanut butter, vanilla yogurt, and pistachio-flavored muffin (full of food coloring and preservatives).

Guess what I had for lunch? Frittata with mushrooms and three kinds of cheese. Who do you think made it?!

I'm honored that you would read New Mercy and
I would love to hear from you through comments!
Teresa (Tracy) Dear


1 comments:

wayne's blog said...

I really do miss you AND James' cooking!! ha, ha....miss him too!