27 January 2010

Awwww!

Is this not the cutest thing ever? I was feeling bad the other day and James wrote this for my homeschooling blog:

"A poem in honor of and for my dear wife, whom I certainly don't deserve (as she may or may not have already pointed out.) Tracy is a bit under the weather, so I am unconventionally assuming her duties for the evening. Enjoy, take pity or both. God Bless."


UNTITLED

From early light as the dawn creeps between my shaded drapes,
a call from yonder door:
"I don't want grapes in my hair."

Rest eludes to dusk again
as the four of you continue to
zip and zap to and fro
begin again and hungry though
you already ate five minutes ago

"Where's my phone and why is the dog wearing a dress?"
Oh sweet love!
your cry may fall upon silent ears
but it's humor finds me still wrapped in sheets
nestled snug

Gainfully productive I may not be
but grateful this gardener is
not trees and turf but minds you grow
and to be sure at least
your love does show.


I'm honored that you would read New Mercy and
I would love to hear from you through comments!

0 comments: