09 December 2009

WAIT some more

Psalm 130:5-7

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

O Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
for with the Lord is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.


When I was in the Air Force I did CQ, which is a lame form of watchman- and on a short field exercise, I did mock watch, and even in those small experiences I know what it feels like to wait for morning- for your shift to end. Even as an employee who waits for the end of the workday, the mom who waits for bedtime, we know how hard we wait for things. It is hard to wait for something, and you especially so when you don't know when your watch is over.

UNFAILING LOVE- what do we all want most of all? Unfailing unconditional, totally committed love. And only with the Lord can we find it.

"Oh the comfort- the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person- having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff & grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take & sift them, keep what is worth keeping & then with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away." Dinah Maria Mulock Craik (1866)

Redemption- REDEEM-(Websters)

1 a : to buy back : repurchase
b : to get or win back

2 : to free from what distresses or harms: as
a : to free from captivity by payment of ransom
b : to extricate from or help to overcome something detrimental
c : to release from blame or debt : clear
d : to free from the consequences of sin

3 : to change for the better : reform

4 :repair, restore

5 a : to free from a lien by payment of an amount secured thereby
b (1) : to remove the obligation of by payment
(2) : to exchange for something of value
c : to make good : fulfill

6 a : to atone for : expiate
b (1) : to offset the bad effect of
(2) : to make worthwhile : retrieve

synonyms see: rescue

2 comments:

Angie said...

The Quote by Dinah is awesome! My hard hearted husband is able to say some pretty horrible things, but I have learned to give them to God to sift through. This quote caused me to imagine the Lord blowing away all the bad ones like a child blowing the seeds of a dandelion.

mama4x said...

Wow, Angie, what a beautiful picture. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you found something you like here. What lessons we are having to learn on the walk the Lord has for us.