16 December 2009

My (latest) Favorite Song

Worthy is the
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on
Heaven's Mercy Seat

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty!
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And I will adore You!

Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty!
Who was, and is, and is to come!

Phillips, Craig & Dean - Revelation Song
From the album
Fearless

I think the songs focusing on God's holiness help me to keep my problems in pespective. God didn't fall off his throne when James lost his job. God knows what we need. God is still in charge of every detail!

Holy Holy is HE! Gotta keep that in mind. What's the quote- complaining is like telling God he doesn't know what he's doing? I think of how God answered the complaints of Job and I don't want to be there! I just focus on his holiness and his awesome power and his creation and I am silenced.

3 comments:

Angie said...

It's so hard to keep things in perspective sometimes, to try and see things as God would instead of through our limited fleshy bodies! An impossible feat without a close walk with him.... Will you please pray for me and my family. I know in my heart we are at a very critical point. I trust in the Lord and continually seek his guidance but this battle for Christ in my home is so very tiring. Tom doesn't even see what is occurring he blames me for everything. Please pray for him, for his eyes to be opened, for him to seek the freedom he so desires, in the Lord and not in me. Thank you and thanks for your postings I have read many of the past ones and they give me encouragment and strength and have taught me. Keep being you & doing what you do!

mama4x said...

Angie, I remember your name from another comment, and I am honored to be here with you in prayer on your journey. Fatigue is such a battle. We must remain faithful that God knows where we are- and your husband also- and we must believe that he has a plan for us and our families. It is so tiring and the devil wants us to fail. We don't know how things will pan out, but we know that God is beside us and he is also calling your husband to him. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Courtney said...

This is absolutely one of my all time favorite worship songs...I think this sums up God's greatness in ways that nothing else ever has.

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for your kind words :) Love your blog and I'm glad we found each other! Following you now :)