14 December 2009

Hurricane


He is jealous for me

Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy

When all of a sudden-
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by Glory
And I realize just how beautiful you are
and how great your affections are for me...

And oh, how he loves us!
Oh how he loves us-
how he loves us so!

That's a song you probably heard on the radio by the David Crowder Band (I think his video is a little creepy. Here's an awesome one by Kim Walker. She has a delicious raspy voice and when she's not singing, as the music swells, she's praising God while her mic is down. Beautiful.)

Here's an old You Tube video that demonstrates how he loves us. What he takes on himself for us: our sins, our bad choices. We can't get to him! He had to come to us!

0 comments: