13 November 2009

More Stuff.



So this morning is your last chance to leave a comment to enter the drawing for this awesome book. Today I wanted to leave you a jewel that the author, Pam Cope, found while her family adjusted their standard of living to reflect what they found most important:

"What changed was our idea of what was essential to us and what was not. I, like many of us, had bought in to the idea that more is better. But after trying to live more simply, I've come to believe that's not the case. More is tiring. Everything you acquire is one more thing to take care of. This decision was one of the most liberating I've ever made."

Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness. -John Rushkin

This weekend I'm at a craft show. Keep an eye on my Etsy shop if you want to send someone a nice Thanksgiving card. If you only have a few Christmas cards to send out, you might consider buying them handmade! Free shipping!

0 comments: