04 August 2009

Not a Lion Snack

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

I was able to borrow Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore from a dear friend. I am listening to it on CD. It is, like all her other works, just brilliant. She so earnestly desires for others to avoid pain, strongholds, and pits that you can just hear it in her voice! I am going to try to get James to listen to it in his work truck. I was moved to tears- no, almost in a continual state of teariness, while I listened to it today, thinking of my husband and praying for his deliverance.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand."
Psalm 40:2

I have to ask for your help- James has an important doctors appointment on Thursday, August 6th. I think that it is at 10 o'clock. I am praying that he will make it to the appointment, and that his job will not be endangered by him going during the day. I hope that he will get help he needs at it, and things can start to turn around for him. He really needs his feet put on a strong rock, in a spacious place, by the Lord. He is blinded by the dark slimy pit walls that are all he seems to have seen for a while. Thank you, my readers!

0 comments: