26 August 2009

New Start

Homeschool started for us this week. Cleaning the kitchen at night so I can just enjoy my time with God and my coffee the next morning, without resorting to trying to silently (IMPOSSIBLE) scrub the dishes before everyone wakes up and my head start to the day is wasted. Silently wash, I thought, without not only the clanking but also no cursing at the greasy spray on my shirt... "we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Cor. 10:5) and "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths," (Eph. 4:29)

Of course, had my praise music going (here I am trying to be quiet, and the music is pretty loud, even though the kids are in bed)... Heard this song on Chris Tomlin's "Hello Love" CD:

worthy is the Lamb... worthy is the Lamb... (gorgeous violin)
I will rise when He calls my name....
no more sorrow,
no more pain,
I will rise on eagles' wings
before my God
Fall on my knees
and rise- I will rise- I will rise-

I heard it in a new way... I always think of it in a grand kind of way, like, "Jesus, call my name and I will rise to follow you to the mission field," but tonight I was thinking of the new school day tomorrow. I was praying for my kid's positive attitudes and learning spirits, and writing down my prayer tomorrow, and I realized I could just as easily see it this way: I rise up when Jesus wants to talk to me each morning. He calls my name, I rise from my comfy bed, and fall before Him in worship to start the day. Sounds good to me.

0 comments: