13 August 2009

Let's Pretend

Let's pretend that I just call you up, so excited, but with nothing coherent to say, okay?

(ring, rii--ng)

"Hello?" (that's you-- "talk into your finger!" my daughter Lily would command)

"GUESS WHAT?" I shriek. "James was doing all sorts of thinking, and I didn't get a lot of it, but it sounds like God is really working on his heart! I think there is growth going on in there! I'm so excited!"(duh)

"Wow, that's great- what did he say?"

"I don't even know! His work phone is a Blackberry and I can't understand anything he says on it. But he was going on and on about work, and God, and what he was thinking about yesterday- it sounded like he and the Lord were hashing some stuff out!"

"Awesome!"

"Yeah! I am so thankful that God isn't done with him yet! He is so faithful! Bye!"

"Uh, bye!"

0 comments: