17 March 2009

Our Goal in Meeting Here

So, what is our goal for meeting here? Why should you read this blog? What will you learn or relate to that you should spend a few moments of your day with me? I am writing a blog so that I can organize my own thoughts, so that I can make a monument to the things the Lord is teaching me. I hope that anyone traveling down the same road with me can find comfort and fellowship with me and those who may join us. So what road are we traveling? I am traveling a hard road it seems sometimes, and at on other days it isn't so tough. But the days that are miserable sometimes overwhelm the good ones.

One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 12:12. "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer."
I want to be patient in affliction but it is hard to. I want to be joyful in hope, but it seems like things will always be the same. And as the mother of four young children, I use the excuse that I am too tired to be faithful in prayer. But God hears our excuses, and he knows what season of life we are in, and he calls us to obey. He tells us that he is faithful, even if our situation in the moment isn't what we would have chosen. He provides us with the supernatural power of his holy Spirit to equip us to do that which seems impossible or undesirable.

0 comments: