24 March 2009

No Greater Love

Yesterday I touched on sacrifice... giving up our selfish desires in order to serve our husbands. I want to share with you a portion of a book written by Mother Teresa, called No Greater Love. (remember the one about laying down your life for a friend?) she says:
"Don't be afraid. There must be the cross, there must be suffering, a clear sign that Jesus has drawn you so close to His heart that He can share His suffering with you. Without God we can spread only pain and suffering around us." Remember the plaque on the wall, 'if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?' I sure am able to quench the Holy Spirit and spread pain and suffering around my house, unfortunately.
She continues: "We all long for heaven where God is, but we have it in our power to be in heaven with Him right now, to be happy with Him at this very moment. But being happy with Him now means loving like He loves, helping like he helps, giving as He gives, serving as He serves, rescuing as He rescues, being with Him twenty-four hours a day, touching Him in His distressing disguise." I know that I feel, in my self-righteousness and pride, that my husband is hiding in a very distressing disguise. But as Mother Teresa was called by God to be with the severely alone and poor of India's streets, I am called to minister to my husband as he is in this moment, not withholding love or respect until he tidies up. "for when we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, am loving your blog so I have more peaks into your life. Give my Claire Doll, Jedi Jackson, Cactus flower Lily and baby Nathan, and James hugs from Aunt Margie. Miss you so much.